Our Cardiovascular Pathology Laboratory has been involved with the development of original methods to quantify the extent and severity of atherosclerosis and the validation of these methods over several preclinical platforms for three decades. Our technical skills can assist academic and industrial partners for all of your cardiopathology needs.
We offer the following services:
- Consult in the design of studies to evaluate the potential atherosclerosis benefits of drugs, hormones, diets and dietary supplements.
- Provide control and experimental diets prepared in our diet laboratory.
- Assist partners in analysis of preclinical atherosclerosis studies conducted at their laboratory—an experienced technician from our laboratory can be on site to supervise proper collection of arteries, perfusion fixation of appropriate arteries and transport of the arterial specimens for evaluation at the Cardiovascular Pathology Laboratory.
- Conduct histopathologic, morphometric and histochemical studies to quantify the extent and severity of atherosclerosis with special emphasis on the aorta, iliac arteries, coronary arteries, common carotid arteries, carotid bifurcations, internal carotid arteries, basilar artery and innominate artery in various preclinical platforms.
- Design, plan and carry out on site long-term studies to assess the potential atherosclerosis therapeutic benefits of drugs, hormones, diets and dietary supplements.